Friends, everyone knows I am a pitcher girl. I love me some pitchers. But here’s a dirty little secret – as my namesake and forever hero once opined, chicks do indeed dig the long ball. And this chick in particular digs the Home Run Derby.
Last year, they changed the format a little bit, and to everyone’s surprise it was awesome. A bracket style competition, pitting lumberjacks and tater mashers from both leagues against one another in a fast, fun, and furious matchup of moonshots.
Last year’s winner Todd Frazier is back to defend his title, along with some new faces and old favorites. Let’s see who is poised to become King of the Derby this year!
- Todd Frazier – Chicago White Sox (last year’s winner)
- Mark Trumbo – Baltimore Orioles (League leader in home runs)
- Carlos Gonzalez – Colorado Rockies
- Corey Seager – Los Angeles Dodgers
- Adam Duvall – Cincinnati Reds
- Wil Myers – San Diego Padres (host player)
- Robinson Cano – Seattle Mariners
- Giancarlo Stanton – Miami Marlins
The Home Run Derby will be this Monday on Fox. If we can only mute Berman, it will be a fun time for all.